Personal Data Protection Notice
e-Lock Corporation Sdn. Bhd (“we” or “us”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”), prepared in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”), sets out our personal data protection practices that are put in place to protect the personal data of individuals who we deal with. If there is any conflict between an English and Bahasa Malaysia version of this Notice, the English version shall prevail.
Please note that we may amend this Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendments via our website or by email.
A. Collection of personal data
In the course of your dealings with us, we will request that you provide certain personal data elements to enable us to enter into transactions with you or to deliver the necessary goods, services and/or communications in connection with such transactions. These are necessary for our business process execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or products, customer or channel partner and/or third party vendor relationship management, new product launches and events, planning purposes in connection with future products, including promotional events with our Affiliates and channel partners.
B. What kind of personal data we collect
In order for us to fulfil one or more of our obligations listed in paragraph 2 herein, we will need to collect relevant personal data from you. The personal data collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race, preferred language, current private and/or business address, telephone and/or mobile phone number(s), fax number and email address(es), income range;
- The status of products and/or services you have acquired from us or have subscribed to;
- How you use the products and/or services;
- Your personal interests and preferences to help us tailor offerings on our products and/or services which would suit you best;
- Information you provide us regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, competitions, contests, lucky draws or promotional offers; and/or
- CCTV or camera visual recordings when you visit our office premises or participate in any of our events.
C. When and how we collect your personal data
We may collect personal data directly from you when you:
- Communicate with us;
- Submit your information when registering the warranty;
- Where you register your interest or subscribe for information on our products and/or service or to our publications (for example newsletters);
- Participate in any of our surveys, competitions, contests, lucky draws or promotional offers;
- Respond to any marketing materials we send out;
- Commence a business relationship with us (applicable to channel partner or third party vendors);
- Visit our offices; and/or
- Provide feedback to us (for e.g. via our websites or in hard copy).
Other than personal data obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal data from third parties we deal with or who are connected with you and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
D. Purpose of collecting personal data
Personal data you provide will be processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes as applicable:
- The delivery of notices, services or products and the marketing of such services or products to you;
- In order for you to enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract in relation to the sale and supply of products or for the supply of goods and services;
- Such purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us;
- Conducting marketing, surveys and customer profiling activities in connection with our services and related products;
- Our internal record keeping;
- Enabling us to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about products and services offered by our Affiliates, that we think may interest you;
- To establish and better manage any business relationship we have with you;
- To process any communication you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any customer service complaints and feedbacks);
- Post-sales services, such as after-sales maintenance (if any) or customer service related matters;
- To provide you with the products and/or services you have requested; and/or
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our products and/or services.
E. Failure to supply personal data
The failure to supply such personal data as may be needed may:
- Result in us being unable to provide you with the notices, services and/or products requested;
- Affect our ability to effect the necessary processes relating to the supply of our products and/or services; and/or
- Result in us being unable to update you on our latest products, services, promotions, events and/or launches.
F. Disclosure of your personal data
Personal data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorise us to provide or disclose your personal data to the following categories of parties:
- Companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors and/or service providers;
- Our channel partners and Affiliates for purposes that are related to the purpose for collecting and using your personal information;
- Other parties in respect of whom you have previously given your express consent;
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and/or
- Companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with products and/or services that you have requested or subscribed for.
G. Personal data Integrity
We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal data collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-to-date.
H. Personal data security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal data we hold from loss, misuse, modification, unauthorised or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
We will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data.
I. Data transfer and sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your personal data to another Affiliate within or outside Malaysia, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
J. Access and Correction
In accordance with the Act, and all corrections can be sent to the following email, facsimile, address:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facsimile: +603-2166 2982
- Address: Business Suite, 19A-26-3, Level 26, UOA Centre, 19 Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.